Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspiration Part 2 (Spiders and Princesses)

It's coming up on 3 AM, and I've done nothing artistic all day. I had a lot of things to do today, because some people have asked me to make them things (have PAID me to make them things) and I am neglecting them. It's not that I don't want to. It's not that I don't like these people, or that I don't like art. I am tired of making things right now. The same way people have weekends with work, people should have weekends with art. I hope they understand.

Here is some inspiration, and maybe a couple good reasons why arachnophobia is uneccesary.


The story behind this one is pretty neat. The man on the right was at Disney when Snow White came up to him and said "I made a wish today, a very special wish. Will you help me make it come true?" He replied with "I'll do my best", when to his surprise she put one of his hands on her hip, and grabbed the other one and began to waltz with him. 



Using this gorgeous Scorpio pin-up to bridge the gap between beautiful women and arachnids.

This is a colored pencil drawing of a P. Metallica, AKA the Gooty Sapphire Ornamental Tree Spider. This one definitely inspires me to maybe eventually draw/paint/color my own tarantula.
Juvenile Avicularia Versicolors are stunning. Its beautiful things like this that make me wonder how and why anybody could be afraid of spiders.



While this is not a princess nor a spider, I don't know who couldn't appreciate a chinchilla-sitting dog. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment