Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Favorite Little Crochet Project.



After making this necklace for the 3rd time last night, I've realized this is definitely one of my favorite things to crochet. It only take a little over an hour, a few buttons, and minimal yarn. You can find the original pattern here.

The pattern calls to 'improvise' a flower, but I wasn't able to do so. I have a pattern for a flower, that you guys are more than welcome to use if you'd like.

Ch 5, sl st to join.

R1: Ch 1, 10 sc in ring, join with sl st to 1st sc.
R2: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 2, skip next sc *sc in next sc, ch 2, skip next sc. Repeat from * around, join with sl st to 1st sc.

R3: Ch 1 (sc, hdc, 3dc, hdc, sc) in each ch-2, sp around join with sl st to 1st sc.

R4: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 3, placing ch behind petals (sc in 1st sc of next petal, ch 3) around. Join with sl st to 1st sc.

R5: Ch 1. (sc, hdc, dc, 3 tr, dc, hdc, sc) in each ch-3 sp around, join with sl st to 1st sc. Finish off or...**

**Optional R6: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 3, placing ch behind petals (sc in 1st sc of next petal, ch 3) around. Join with sl st to 1st sc.
 
**R7: Ch 1, (sc, hdc, 2 dc, 4 tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc) in each ch-4 sp around, join with sl st to 1st sc. finish off.



(I did the 3rd round of petals on the blue flower, but only did 2 rounds of petals on the green one, so you guys can get an idea of the difference.)

On a related note, can I just say that I just discovered Bernat yarn (the beautiful Aqua yarn I used for the blue necklace), and I am incredibly impressed! For about $0.30 more than Red Heart Yarn, you get the same amount of yarn, but it feels softer, works better and looks nicer. It doesn't even feel like acrylic yarn. I would really recommend looking into it. I just discovered it at Wal Mart, and it seems to be pushing Red Heart out of the picture a bit. So don't be frightened! Give into the unusually cheap, yet somehow, high quality yarn. I can't wait to buy more so I can make more projects with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment